Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Victoria's Secret: The Nakeds

Hello Adventurers! I picked up the new Victoria's Secret palette that recently came out. It has 10 Shadows and it'll cost you $28 dollars. I'm not a fan of the packaging, it has that cheap sequins feel too it, but the name plate is kind of a cool touch, that I do like.



So when you open it up you have the 10 colors--of course-- and an eyeliner and an duel ended eyeshadow brush--which is just awful. If you like matte eyeshadows and only matte eyeshadows this palette is NOT for you, it only has one matte shade in it and that is the black in the bottom right corner.

Now don't get confused, this is just with the card that comes in it stating the colors, and like I said, it's only a 10 color palette. The 10 colors are(i'm going to go left to right top row, and then left to right bottom row): (Top row) Barely Pink, Copper Sand, Graystone, Brown sable, Sparkling Black, (bottom row) Warm Vanilla, Tawny Pink, Smoky Lilac, Sparkling Brown, and Charcoal Black. and As I stated above the only matte shade is Charcoal Black.

Here are the swatches! I rather like the pigmentation it gives off, but from swatching them I can tell a favorite of mine is going to be the smokey lilac, that color is just amazing when it hit my skin. It didn't seem so great in the pan, but man. It was really nice. Brown Sable came off a bit streaky in the swatch but I'll text it out more and we'll see what happens with that, and the Charcoal Black is BLACK straight black. No shimmer, no glaze, no frost, just BLACK.

So from first impressions, I'd say that this was worth the $28 I paid for it. I just wish that they would of included more matte shades. I'm going to test it out more and expect and actual review from me in the coming months, not just a first impressions.







Were you thinking about picking this up?


xoxoAlaina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio